Once upon a time, there were two women, Dana from New Hampshire and Mary from Indiana. They met and became friends in San Diego, and soon decided to embark together on a journey to Southeast Asia, seeking adventure. This is their story.

Monday, April 19, 2010

And here we go...

A few hours ago, I was making some tuna salad and was about to have my first experience watching Glee, at the advice of a friend who would probably rather not be mentioned (at least not in the context of loving Glee).

Dana called while I was happily toasting bread,

"Mary, I think we might be leaving at 12:30 Wednesday morning."

We'd made all our plans around a 12:30 Wednesday afternoon flight. We had a ride to LA. I had a haircut appointment. Dana hasn't finished moving out of her house yet.

"Are you sure? Let me check," I walked to Liz's bedroom, where I'd been camping on an air mattress for the last week. Neatly packed in my backpack, slotted between my passport and debit card, was a flight schedule. I pushed away Liz's cat and sat on the bed with it.

"Yup," I said, after reading and rereading the schedule, "we leave at 12:30 Wednesday morning."

"Shit."

And here we go.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

First!

Mike Yardley

Unknown said...

All journeys start with a single step. All good adventures start with a single f*#%-up. Can't wait to follow along with all that's to follow!
Jen

Unknown said...

It's fun time for sure. Chuck'de Kap (Cheers)

Patty Jones said...

i can hardly wait... good luck honey.

patty

envideas said...

I saw some bad news happening in Bangkok... I hope your arrival was safe!!