Once upon a time, there were two women, Dana from New Hampshire and Mary from Indiana. They met and became friends in San Diego, and soon decided to embark together on a journey to Southeast Asia, seeking adventure. This is their story.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Rain Drops On Roses



Dana: Wow...home in less than a week...kiiindaaa freakin out! Everyone is asking, "so how you feeling about coming home?" I'm feeling a medley of emotions, some nervousness, mixed with excitement, sprinkled with happiness. Half of me feels like it was only yesterday that I was packing up my house at the "commune" and saying goodbyes, while the other half feels like Thailand and the yoga program was forever ago! I feel like I've been in a time warp of sorts...time passes so differently when you're on the road...I've created new routines, set new goals for what I want in life and I hope to not lose momentum. In the words of Matthew Wilder:

Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
Nobody gonna slow me down, oh no
I got to keep on moving
Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
I'm running in a one touch ground, oh no
I got to keep on moving



Here are a bunch of photos to add to Mary's previous post and to catch you up:



Chicks, chicks and more chicks...our wild 3-hour "bus" ride to 4,000 Islands


The thunderous waterfalls/rapids of the Mekong Delta on Don Det


sweeeeeeet...we found a private beach of our own!


yup...just building some drip castles...what a cutie!


Now onto Cambodia and the magnificant wonder of Angkor Wat:

Yeha, we woke up at 3:30AM to catch the infamous sunrise...well worth it!


sun salutations anyone?


prize for the best comment suggestion here:


unreal


beauty in the palm of your hand


our 2010 Christmas card

I'm kind of freakin out about splitting up with Mary...I'm going to miss this girl!! Mary will be summering in the lush greens of Vermont this summer. For those of you who don't know Mary, let me just tell you what an amazing woman I have been blessed to share these past few months with. I'm a better person for knowing Miss Captain Mann Pants and inspired by her every day of our adventure. I loved Mary before our travels, but can say I've discovered a whole new meaning of this love and will never forget these memories we've created together. Mary you're stuck with me for a life time my friend!

1 comment:

Dana & Mary said...

D Money, I love the poop out of you. You are the best travelling companion I could have asked for - from 3 hour tuk-tuk rides to midnight hunts for Banh Mi to cycling and climbing mountains in torrential downpours. Thank you, dear one, for being my friend.